- Designation: Advisor
Douglas is a highly experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and entrepreneur with a breadth of technical, commercial and leadership experience. A fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, he has over 30 years’ experience within the Geospatial Intelligence sector and has previously held an MD position with private equity-backed Acteon / UTEC Star Net Ltd.
Douglas has widespread international experience gained in the UK, USA, Europe, Middle East and Australia.
His key capabilities include:
- Successful track record in leading companies and teams from concept to delivery of complex high definition point cloud software products.
- Leading Geospatial business (Star Net Geomatics) from startup, through funding rounds to exit.
- Built and led multi-disciplined, multi-site and multi-cultural teams and business units. At Star Net Geomatics Ltd, Douglas managed 60 plus multi-disciplined Geospatial staff in 3 UK locations, whilst as MD of UTEC Star Net, had access to and experience of managing skilled geomatics professionals throughout the world.
- Core functional expertise in Geospatial Intelligence and in particular incorporating application strategies to high definition scanning and processing of georeferenced point cloud.
- Broad experience of working collaboratively with associates, customers and business partners to develop products and services that innovate Geospatial Intelligence.
- Personally, responsible for inventing, patenting and leading the design of innovative new software product iSiteTM (https://www.utecisite.com).
- Extensive experience of negotiating and managing SaaS contracts within Oil & Gas, Renewables and Telecoms sectors.
Douglas has been directly involved in multiple investment transactions, both financially and strategically-sponsored. This has been in the capacity of CEO of the company seeking investment, and as a target of acquisition. He has supported the sale of two businesses and raised multiple rounds of funding. He is also accustomed to the need for distilling and communicating complex product and technology strategies to non-technical audiences